Friday, October 10, 2008

Blog 7

I agree with the blog completely. I think its very important for teachers, students, and parents to be technology literate. My mother often make the comment, "I'm not good with computers." I''m constantly telling her she needs to learn at least the basics. She feels that learning basic computer technology isn't worthwhile. However, she always asking me to type a letter or make a spreadsheet for her. Its nearly impossible for anyone to go through life without having to deal with modern technology.

I think teachers should all be technology literate. I have found that students will devote hours to chatting, emailing, and texting. However, they despise typing a report. I believe most of my students know more about computers than me. I often find myself having to ask a student to "fix my computer."

One modern technology I think is great is email. I believe emails are a great way to keep parents inform. I have a few parents that I communicate with through email. Many times I will spend a week trying to contact a parent. Either their number has changed, or the student simply won't give them the message. By emailing the parent, its fast and convenient. Eliminating the "middle man."

No comments: