Friday, October 10, 2008

Blog 8

The Fiscgbowl blog I found interesting was "180 Days." According to the presentation, schools waste about 60 days due to testing, extracurricular activities, and several other things. I do not consider those days as wasted. I agree with one comment that stated preparing students for test is considered instructional. I also believe students need the extra curriculum activities. Students must have a chance to engage in sociable events with their peers. I recall learning in a child development course, that students need to be around peers. This allows them to learn how to act in a sociable acceptable manner.

I believe there are days wasted. However, I don't believe its 60. You have to take into account that teachers are having to deal with psychological issues. Many times teachers have to devote time to helping students deal with the lost of another student or friend. As much as we hate for things of that nature happening, we have to to be sympathetic toward these children's needs. Its the motivational speaker at the assembly that sometimes changes a students outlook on life.

No comments: