Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog 10

I found Dr. Christie's site to be very informative. Dr. Christie received her doctoral in Educational Technology and Language and Literacy. Prior to receiving her doctrine, she taught in the classroom. Dr. Christie create workshops and publications aimed towards teaching educators how to enhance technology within their classroom.
There were several interesting publications on the web-site. However, the one that stood out the most was "Recognizing (Almost) Invisible Gender Bias in Teacher-Student Interactions." This article was done to conduct an experiment on whether Dr. Christie was bias based on gender. The publication showed that the female students were treated different from the male student. As a teacher, I have never considered the possibility that I may be bias towards a person's gender. Now that I am aware of these findings. I'm going to pay close attention to how I treat a female student in comparison to a male student.

No comments: